Grazing Services & Rates
Every year over 40,000 cattle and horses owned by over 350 producers graze on Manitoba community pastures.
· Great program for younger producers with smaller herds
· Animal care provided
· Fence repair included
· Staffed by experienced riders and managers
AMCP was fortunate to retain most of the former PFRA employees who have considerable years experience in animal husbandry, sustainable land management and operating community pastures.
AMCP operates the following community pastures: Alonsa, Bield, Birch River, Cote-San Clara, Ellice-Archie, Ethelbert, Gardenton, Langford, Lenswood, Libau, McCreary, Mulvihill, Narcisse, Pansy, Spy Hill-Ellice, Sylvan-Dale, Turtle Mountain, and Wallace.
2020 AMCP Grazing Application
|Application for Grazing 2020.pdf||209.7KB|
2020 Deposit Fees
- A deposit fee of $65 per adult head of livestock is required. Returning patrons that have not paid the deposit fees within 15 days after the February 28 due date will be charged an additional penalty of 5¢/head/day to the grazing fee for the grazing season. This fee will be collected at take out. It can be avoided by timely deposit payment.
2020 Grazing Fees
- 80 cents/day for yearling cattle, mature cows, bulls, mares, stallions.* Minimum 100 days.
- Calves: $45/head walk in and pasture born (seasonal fee).
Rate schedule for sundry
- Castration < 6 Months: $10.00 per head
- Castration > = 6 Months: $15.00 per head
- Branding: $10.00 per head
- Dehorning: $15.00 per head
- Mustering fee: $2/head; $40/hour (once in corral) per staff (this charge is for client requests only – not applicable to take out).
- Medication: at cost plus a 2% handling fee
- Vaccination: at cost plus a 2% handling fee
- Mineral and Salt purchased by AMCP: at cost plus a 2% handling fee
November 1 – Grazing application for the following year is due
By end of January – Letters sent to Patrons informing them of their allocation with request for deposit
February 28 – deposits are due
May 21 – June 15 – Livestock taken in
October 1 – 30 – Livestock taken out and final payments due. Cattle can be withdrawn earlier, a minimum 100 days grazing charge will be applied.
AMCP does not supply bulls. Bulls must be supplied by the patrons or rented from another patron.